- will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each half
- into a 24-in. x 15-in. rectangle. Brush with butter to within 1/2
- in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough.
- Sprinkle with pecans and raisins.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long sides; pinch seams
- to seal. Cut each into 24 rolls. Place rolls, cut side up, in four
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, about 30
- minutes. Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, extracts
- and enough water to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over warm
- rolls. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Editor’s Note: Dough may need to be mixed in two batches, depending on the size of your mixing bowl. To halve the recipe, use 1 package plus 1-1/8 teaspoons yeast and 1 egg plus 2 tablespoons beaten egg. The other ingredients can easily be divided in half.
Nutrition Facts: 1 roll equals 258 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.