Pecan Pumpkin Loaves
Pumpkin and a blend of spices make this quick bread a real holiday treat. I can easily prepare three loaves to give to friends and neighbors as gifts.
Leona Luecking, West Burlington, Iowa
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add pumpkin, eggs,
- oil, water and vanilla; mix well. Stir in pecans. Pour into three
- greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or
- until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before
- removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 142 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.