This recipe came from a magazine published in the '70s. Since then I have made hundreds of pecan pies. In addition to my family, I bake for senior groups and my husband's business acquaintances.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. In a large bowl,
- cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs,
- corn syrup and vanilla. Pour into pastry shell; arrange pecans over
- Bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until set. Cover edges with
- foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if
- necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 525 calories, 30 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.