Folks always expect to find these tender nutty logs on the cookie gift trays I give at Christmas. They're not overly sweet and go great with a steaming cup of coffee or tea. —Joyce Beck, Gadsden, Alabama
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in vanilla. Add the flour, beating on low speed just until combined.
- Stir in pecans. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy
- to handle.
- Shape 1/2 cupfuls into 1/2-in.-thick logs. Cut logs into 2-in.
- pieces. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350°
- for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in
- confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 117 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.