Pecan Brussels Sprouts
Your family will eagerly eat their vegetables when you serve this dish. Crunchy pecans are a nice contrast to the tender brussels sprouts.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen brussels sprouts (about 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Trim bussels spouts and cut an x in the core of each. In a
- microwave-safe dish, combine the brussels sprouts and water. Cover
- and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until tender; drain. Add
- the pecans, butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg; toss to coat. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 274 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein.