- Refrigerate one portion. Roll remaining portion into an 18-in. x
- 6-in. rectangle. In a small bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks
- form; brush half down the center of rectangle. Combine filling
- ingredients; sprinkle half over egg white.
- Fold long sides of dough over filling, overlapping by 1-1/2 in.;
- pinch seam to seal. Carefully place seam side down on an ungreased
- baking sheet. Shape into a horseshoe; pinch ends to seal. Repeat
- with remaining dough, egg white and filling. Cover and let rise in a
- warm place until doubled, about 35 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. For glaze, combine
- the confectioners’ sugar, water and vanilla; spread over kringles.
- Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 2 kringles (6 slices each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 270 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.