Peasant Soup for One
In the mood for soup? There's no need to open a can when it's so easy to simmer up a bowl of this soup. I first has this at a favorite restaurant. When it was removed from the menu, I duplicate it at home using herbs from my garden.Kay Harris, Armarillo, Texas
1 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (4 ounces), cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small potato, cubed
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Coat a saucepan with cooking spray; brown chicken over medium-high
- heat. Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free reduced-sodium broth and without salt) equals 280 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.