Peas and Carrots with Mint
If you're looking for an easy way to dress up ordinary peas and carrots, reach for this simple recipe. Fresh mint adds a refreshing subtle flavor that'll keep folks coming back for more.Margie Snodgrass, Gig Harbor, Washington
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 large carrots, julienned
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place carrots in a saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 4 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain. Add remaining ingredients. Cook and stir for
- 3-4 minutes or until the peas are crisp-tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 65 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.