Pears with Raspberry Sauce
Two seasonal favorites - pears and raspberries - are showcased in this simple recipe from Florence Palmer of Marshall, Illinois.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 6 medium ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar raspberry fruit spread
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- Core and peel pears; set upright in an 8-in. square baking dish.
- Combine honey and lemon juice; pour over pears. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until pears are tender, basting
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the fruit spread and vinegar;
- stir in raspberries. Cook over medium-low heat until heated through;
- spoon over pears. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 166 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fruit.