Pears in Spiced Raisin Sauce
Because it's so easy to make, we enjoy this dessert often. I usually make extra, as it keeps well, and we don't mind good-tasting leftovers.
-Davida Nicholson, Washington, Iowa
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pears
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Vanilla ice cream
- Drain pears, reserving 1/4 cup juice (discarding remaining juice or
- save for another use); set the pears aside. In a saucepan, combine
- raisins and reserved juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, cinnamon, salt if desired and
- ginger; stir in orange juice until smooth. Add to raisin mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Add pears; cook and stir until heated through. Serve
- over ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 143 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.