Pear-Walnut Tea Sandwiches
These satisfying tea sandwiches boast crunchy walnuts, chopped pear and deli chicken. Use white, pumpernickel and rye bread for variety. —David Bostedt, Zephyrhills, Florida
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 slices white bread
- 16 slices deli chicken
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; spread on one
- side of each bread slice. Layer half of the slices with chicken and
- arugula. Top with remaining bread. Cut each sandwich with a 3-in.
- round cookie cutter. Yield: 8 tea sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts: 1 tea sandwich equals 157 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 768 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.