Pear Tea Sandwiches
The gals at your next luncheon will have fun guessing the ingredients in these delightfully different sandwiches. They're an enticing mix of creamy, crunchy and sweet. —Laurie Balcom, Lynden, WA
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup dried pears
- 1/4 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, toasted and crusts removed
- Place pears in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for
- 5 minutes. Drain. Cool slightly; chop pears.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and syrup. Stir in pears and
- Spread over four slices of toast; top with remaining toast. Cut each
- sandwich into two triangles. Yield: 8 tea sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts: 1 tea sandwich 230 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.