- Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, cut squash into cubes. In a large saucepan, combine the
- squash, broth and pears; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 10-15 minutes or until squash is tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process squash mixture in batches until smooth. Return
- all to the pan. Add brown sugar and seasonings. Gradually stir in
- whipping cream. Garnish soup with cinnamon cream and spiced seeds.
- Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 254 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 529 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 3 g protein.