- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and
- water. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and
- bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg
- yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle
- boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in
- the butter, lemon juice and peel. Serve with warm pear crisp. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 288 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.