Pear Mincemeat Pie
For a traditional pie at the holidays, this pie is perfect as a gift for friends and family. It is so sweet and the texture is wonderful.Gay Nell Nicholas, Henderson, Texas
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 pints Pear Mincemeat (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a saucepan, combine mincemeat, brown sugar and flour. Bring to a
- boil; boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; add pecans and
- butter. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Add filling. Roll
- out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim,
- seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Bake at 350° for
- 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before slicing.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.