Pear Gingerbread Cake
You'll need just four items to stir up this tasty gingerbread cake topped with canned pears. "You can also use fresh ripe pears when they're in season," suggested Cindy Reams from Philipsburg, Pennsylvania.
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears, drained and patted dry
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake mix
- Spread the butter in a 9-in. square baking dish. Arrange pear slices
- in rows over the butter. Sprinkle with sugar. Prepare cake mix
- batter according to package directions. Carefully pour over the
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes
- before inverting onto a serving plate. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 301 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.