Pear Fruit Compote
This recipe pleasantly proves you can offer guests an elegant dessert with little fuss. Pop fruit-topped pears in the oven and bake…then enjoy time with family and friends. —Crystal Allen, Collinsville, Texas
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 6 medium Bosc pears
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Place pears on their sides in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish;
- arrange oranges and raisins around pears. In a small bowl, combine
- the water, brown sugar and salt. Pour over fruit; dot with butter.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 55-65 minutes or until pears are
- tender, basting occasionally. Halve and core pears; top with fruit
- mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pear with 1/2 cup fruit mixture equals 297 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 1 g protein.