ORIGINALLY a pear crumble pie, I shortened this to a crumble when I often was too short of time to make a pie crust.
I've also found canned pears work as well as fresh, so that makes it even easier to prepare.
-Kezia Sullivan, Sackets Harbor, New York
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- Place pear slices in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon
- juice. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, oats, flour, cinnamon,
- ginger and nutmeg.
- Cut in butter until crumbly; add nuts. Sprinkle over pears. Bake at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 376 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 5 g protein.