Pear Chutney Chicken
With a unique combination of flavors in this recipe, dinner is sure to satisfy. “My freezer is hardly ever without single servings of the dish my grandson calls 'pear chix.' We love it.” -Sheila Berg of Lucas Valley, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Drain pears, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set pears and juice aside.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable bag,
- combine flour and pepper. Add chicken in batches and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6
- minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the onion, chutney, lemon juice, curry
- powder and reserved pear juice. Bring to a boil. Add chicken and
- pears. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 395 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium,