- to 3/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic; sprinkle meat with 1/2
- teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Top with prosciutto and
- pears. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie
- several times with kitchen string.
- Place in a shallow roasting pan lined with heavy-duty foil. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Cover and let stand 10-15 minutes before
- Add remaining salt and pepper to poaching liquid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in butter until
- melted. Serve with meat.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 402 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.