To dress up everyday coleslaw, Edie Farm of Farmington, New Mexico adds quick crunch with cucumber, peanuts and celery, then sprinkles on Parmesan cheese.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In small bowl, combine the cabbage, celery, cucumber, onion and green
- pepper. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and salt
- if desired. Top with peanuts and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving: 3/4 cup (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and reduced-fat sour cream) equals 119 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.