Peanut Ice Cream Pie
Everyone is nuts about this rich refreshing pie. It comes in handy as a quick and easy no-bake dessert for church dinners, card parties, showers and drop-in company. Judges at a northwest Kansas fair declared it a grand-prize winner.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; press
- onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate.
- Spoon half of the ice cream into crust.
- In a small bowl, combine the corn syrup and peanut butter; spoon half
- over ice cream. Sprinkle with half of the peanuts. Repeat layers.
- Freeze until firm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 481 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 399 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.