Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast
I've always tried to make cooking funfor myself, my daughters and my grandchildren. If people see you're having a good time, they'll want to join and have fun themselves. Cooking also teaches children the importance of following directions and being organized. This recipe is easy to make and kids really like it.Flo Burtnett, Gage, Oklahoma
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 slices bread
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons jelly or jam
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Spread peanut butter on six slices of bread; spread jelly on six
- slices of bread. Put one slice of each together to form sandwiches.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and salt. Dip both sides of
- sandwiches in egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook sandwiches for
- 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Yield: 6 servings.