Peanut Butter S'mores Bars
Julie Wischmeier in Brownstown, Indiana says, "I originally whipped up these bars to bring something new and colorful to my Christmas cookie trays. When I give them to my kids’ teachers, they’re gone in a flash! I make them ahead when convenient, then freeze. You can use M&Ms in different colors for holidays year-round."
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 3-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350°. Let dough stand at room temperature 5-10
- minutes to soften. With floured hands, press dough into an ungreased
- 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned and
- edges are firm.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until
- marshmallows are puffy.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Sprinkle M&M's over marshmallows; drizzle with chocolate
- mixture. Refrigerate until set before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 bar equals 200 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.