Peanut Butter Pie
This smooth creamy pie with a big peanut butter taste reminds me of Mom. It's sure to be a hit around your house, too. I like to make this dessert in the summer because it's simple to prepare and the kitchen stays cool.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla or chocolate pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- In a saucepan, cook pudding and milk over medium heat until thickened
- and bubbly. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a
- bowl, cut peanut butter into confectioners' sugar until small crumbs
- form. (Peanut butter consistency may vary; add additional
- confectioners' sugar if necessary.) Set aside about 2 tablespoons of
- crumbs; sprinkle remaining mixture into pie shell. Pour pudding over
- crumbs. Chill until set. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle reserved
- crumbs on top. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 411 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.