Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
My husband loves homemade cookies, and these are probably his favorites. The wheat flour and oats give these cookies a distinctive flavor.
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, cream shortening and peanut butter. Add brown sugar, eggs
- and vanilla; mix well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt;
- add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Drop by rounded
- teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake
- at 350° for 12 minutes or until done. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 238 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.