Peanut Butter Oat Cookies
You won't believe how easy it is to whip up these soft chewy treats. "Our kids just adore these cookies and ask for them often," says Patty Faussett of Tucson, Arizona.
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until
- light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
- addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; stir
- into creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake
- at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 3
- minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 178 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.