Peanut Butter Jumbos
Oats, peanut butter and chocolate make these soft, chewy cookies hearty and nutritious. My whole family agrees this recipe is a real winner.
108 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M's miniature baking bits
- In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and sugars until light
- and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
- addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine oats and baking soda; gradually
- add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and
- baking bits.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are
- browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 9 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 153 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,