Peanut Butter-Filled Brownie Cupcakes
I have made this outstandingly delicious recipe for years. These rich cupcakes are sure to delight everyone you make them for. —Carol Gillespie, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Confectioners' sugar
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; stir in
- chocolate chips. For filling, in a small bowl, beat peanut butter,
- cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-third full with batter. Drop filling
- by teaspoonfuls into the center of each cupcake. Cover with
- remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in
- brownie portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing
- from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust tops with
- confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cupcake equals 328 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium,