Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
You won't be able to eat just one of these peanut buttery treats. And don't forget to get the kids involved with this wonderful recipe-it'll be worth the sticky fingers! Mary Joyce Johnson - Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
16 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Pastel sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter; gradually add the confectioners'
- sugar, cracker crumbs, peanut butter and vanilla. Shape into 16
- eggs; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 30
- minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Dip eggs in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Decorate
- with sprinkles; return eggs to waxed paper. Chill until set. Store
- in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 eggs.
Nutrition Facts: 1 egg equals 322 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.