Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
I'm a chocoholic and my kids love peanut butter, so a sweet slice of this cake is a real treat for all of us. A boxed mix cuts down on preparation time for busy moms like me.
-Fran Green, Linden, New Jersey
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions. Pour into
- a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Cool for 10 minutes
- before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in peanut
- butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped
- Split cake in half horizontally; place bottom layer on a serving
- plate. Spread with the peanut butter mixture. Top with remaining
- cake. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in chocolate chips; cook and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Refrigerate until spreadable. Frost top and sides of cake.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.