Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
I enjoy giving gifts that are simple and homemade. I cut these bars into squares and serve them on holiday trays as gifts.Brenda Alexander, Frankton, Indiana
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with butter;
- set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cereal and nuts; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe 1-qt. bowl, combine the sugar and corn syrup.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20-40 seconds. Stir and cook 3-5
- minutes longer or until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Pour sugar mixture
- over cereal and nuts; stir to coat. Press into the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Using foil, lift out of pan. Discard foil; cut into bars. Yield: 3
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 143 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.