- photo 3) and let dry for 4 hours.
- When mixture is dry, carefully invert the heart. Using a spoon,
- gently scoop out soft sugar, leaving a 1/2-in.-thick shell (see
- photo 4). Smooth inside edge with fingertips. Dry candy dish at room
- temperature for 24 hours or in a 200° oven for 20 minutes. Cool
- completely on the baking sheet.
- Transfer to a 12-in. serving platter or covered board. If desired,
- place silver ribbon on board around dish (see photo at far left).
- Fill dish with Peanut Butter Balls (recipe below) in foil cups if
- Peanut Butter Balls:
- In a bowl, cream the butter and peanut butter. Gradually add sugar;
- mix well. Shape level tablespoonfuls into balls; set aside. In a
- saucepan over low heat, melt candy coating. Dip peanut butter balls
- in chocolate; place on waxed paper to harden. Yield: 7 dozen.
Editor's Note: Dark chocolate confectionery coating is found in the baking section of most grocery stores. It is sometimes labeled "candy coating" and is often sold in bulk packages of 1 to 1-1/2 pounds.
Note: Materials and instructions are for one candy dish.
Finished size: The candy dish measures 9 inches wide x 8-1/4 inches high from the top middle point to the bottom tip.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 278 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.