Peanut Butter 'n' Jelly Cookies
"This classic combination makes a great sandwich cookie," says Margaret Wilson, Moreno Valley, California.
27 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Jam or jelly
- In a bowl, cream shortening, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in egg.
- Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and
- chill for 1 hour. Roll into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on
- greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire
- racks. Spread jam on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with
- remaining cookies. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 114 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium,