Peachy Spiced Cider
Welcome guests with the inviting aroma of this warm beverage from Rose Harman of Hays Kansas. "I served this spiced cider at a cookie exchange and received so many compliments, "Rose reports, "Everyone enjoys the subtle peach flavor.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 4 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) peach nectar or apricot nectar
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 fresh orange slices (1/4-inch thick), halved
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Top
- with the orange slices. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until
- heated through. Stir before serving. Yield: about 1 quart.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 89 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.