Peachy Shrimp Tacos
"With three always-on-the-go teens, we often only have about 10 minutes to prepare dinner. This simple recipe has become a family favorite. You may use flour tortillas or even hard taco shells, but I like to use corn tortillas because of their slightly higher fiber content.” Fabulous flavor!
Veronica Callaghan - Glastonbury, Connecticut
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and diced
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a large skillet, combine salsa and peaches over medium heat until
- warmed. Add shrimp and cilantro; cook and stir until heated through.
- Place 1/4 cupful cabbage down the center of each tortilla; top with a
- scant 1/2 cupful shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 taco equals 165 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.