Peachy Rhubarb Pie
We have an abundance of "pieplant" in our garden, so I save every rhubarb recipe I come across. I've done a lot of cooking and baking over the 53 years I have been married. My husband especially loves the combination of rhubarb and peaches in this pie.
-Phyllis Galloway, Roswell, Georgia
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup; chop the peaches. Place peaches and
- syrup in a large bowl. Add the rhubarb, sugar, coconut, tapioca and
- vanilla; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with the bottom crust; trim pastry even with
- edge. Fill with rhubarb mixture; dot with butter. Roll out remaining
- pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until crust is golden brown and
- filling is bubbly.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 410 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium,