"Since moving to an area where fresh peaches are plentiful, I've made this frosty treat frequently," writes Mary Dixson of Decatur, Alabama. "It's the perfect light dessert. Calorie-conscious guests always say 'yes' to this when they might decline a slice of cake or pie."
3 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar and lemon juice. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cool slightly;
- transfer to a blender.
- Add the peaches; cover and process until smooth. Fill cylinder of
- ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer sorbet to a freezer container; cover and freeze for 4 hours
- or until firm. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 104 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.