Peach Rhubarb Jam
This quick jam is an easy to make especially for beginning jam makers. It will make a great gift for friend and family.Darlene Desotel, Monona, Iowa
56 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 quarts sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and sugar; allow to stand overnight.
- Transfer to a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and
- simmer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, dice peaches and add with filling
- to saucepan; return to boiling. Remove from the heat; add gelatin
- and stir until dissolved. Spoon into canning jars or freezer
- containers. Cool completely. Refrigerate or freeze. Yield: about 7
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 74 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.