Peach Raspberry Jam
"Back when my children were young, I put up about 100 jars of jams and jellies each summer, including this freezer version," notes Mrs. Donn White form Wooster, Ohio. "Although I don't make that many now, I do stir up a batch to give to neighbors at Christmastime."
40 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + standing
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped peaches
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- Place peaches in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mash the raspberries;
- strain to remove seeds if desired. Add raspberries and lemon juice
- to peaches. Stir in sugar. Let stand for 10 minutes. In a small
- saucepan, bring water and pectin to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1
- minute, stirring constantly. Add to fruit mixture; stir for 2-3
- minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers; cool to room temperature, about
- 30 minutes. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not
- longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up
- to 1 year. Yield: about 5 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 90 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.