Pea 'n' Mushroom Medley
“This side dish is such a snap to throw together,” writes Laurie LaClair of North Richland Hills, Texas. Fresh mushrooms and bacon jazz up frozen peas with ease. “It’s pretty and impressive enough for company, so I make it often.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Stir in
- the mushrooms, onion and red pepper. Saute for 6-8 minutes or until
- vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the peas, pepper and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 159 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein.