Patriotic Taco Salad
One year, my daughter decided to celebrate her July birthday with a patriotic theme. This colorful and refreshing salad was the main dish on the menu. The kids gobbled it up! Glenda Jarboe, Oroville, California
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato paste and taco
- seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20
- Place chips in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread beef mixture
- evenly over the top. Cover with lettuce. For each star, arrange five
- olive slices together in the upper left corner. To form stripes, add
- cheese and tomatoes in alternating rows. Serve immediately. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Editor's Note: If you wish to prepare this salad in advance, omit the layer of chips and serve them with the salad.