I've served this fantastic side dish for years. It's a favorite for holidays. I get so many requests for it.Kathy Fleming, Lisle, Illinois
12 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 5 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash with butter. In a
- small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and salt until light
- and fluffy; add to potatoes. Stir in chives.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- Parmesan cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25
- minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 292 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 560 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.