Pastrami Asparagus Roll-Ups
"When people first see this appetizer, they're often skeptical about the combination," notes Sharon Waller from Aromas, California. "But once they take that first bite, they're hooked!" The addictive treat is enhanced with a flavorful pesto sauce.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 24 fresh asparagus spears (about 1 pound), trimmed
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 24 thin slices (1 pound ) provolone cheese
- 24 thin slices deli pastrami (3/4 pound)
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus;
- cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus
- in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of pesto over each slice of cheese. Top each with
- an asparagus spear; roll up tightly. Place each on a slice of
- pastrami; roll up tightly. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 112 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.