Pastrami Artichoke Spread
Chopped pastrami adds a tasty twist to this artichoke spread from Donna Plarman in Elgin, Illinois, but it’s the wonderful blend of flavors that’ll make you want to serve it often. “I’m a caterer,” shares Donna, “and this is an absolute hors d’oeuvre staple for many of my customers. It's also wonderful served warm.”
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli pastrami, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Snack rye bread
- In a bowl, combine the artichokes, sour cream, mayonnaise, pastrami,
- Parmesan cheese, horseradish and dill. Serve with snack rye.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 210 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.