Pasta with White Clam Sauce
Garlic and oregano enhance the seafood flavor of this delicious main dish. "An Italian friend of my mom's passed on the recipe to her, and I began preparing it when I was 14," writes Kelli Soike of Tallahassee, Florida. "For convenience, it can be made in advance...and leftovers are just as good."
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams, undrained
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a saucepan, saute
- garlic and anchovies in oil for 3 minutes, breaking up anchovies.
- Stir in the clam juice, clams, water, oregano, parsley, salt and
- pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15
- minutes or until sauce is reduced by half. Drain pasta; toss with
- clam sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 379 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 874 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 fat,