Pasta with Cream Sauce
This beautiful pasta is well coated with a delicious garlic-cream sauce. It's a versatile dish that can be served as a side dish or a main dish.
—Amy Sauser, Omaha, Nebraska
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- longer. Stir in the broth, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to
- a boil; cook for 8 minutes or until reduced by about half. Stir in
- Cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until sauce is reduced to
- 1-1/4 cups. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 358 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.