Pasta with Broccoli
"This dish is not only delicious and attractive, but it saves time because you can prepare the pasta and broccoli in one pan," writes Jan Vallely of Fullerton, California. "A friend at a club meeting shared the recipe."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 ounces uncooked spaghetti or linguine, broken into 2-inch pieces
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, saute garlic in oil until tender. Add the water, pasta
- and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broccoli; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until pasta and broccoli
- are tender. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Season with salt
- and pepper; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 214 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1 starch.