Pasta with Basil
If you like basil, you'll enjoy Italian flavor of this speedy side dish from Jaime Hampton of Birmingham, Alabama. "This is one of my husband's favorites," she writes. "It's super easy to make and tastes wonderful."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked small tube pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in
- basil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Drain pasta; add to basil
- mixture. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese just until it begins
- to melt. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with 1 tablespoon oil and part-skim mozzarella cheese) equals 332 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 meat, 1 fat.