Pasta Tuna Salad
You can dress up this scrumptious salad and take it most anywherefrom a picnic to a potluck. "Since it's so easy to prepare, I make this nutritious salad often when we're camping," reports Patricia Smith of Canby, Oregon. "It's a real crowd-pleaser in hot weather. Leftovers keep well, too."
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) cubed reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup pickle juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- water. Place in a large bowl; add the tomatoes, peas, cheese,
- olives, pickles, eggs and tuna. Combine salad dressing and pickle
- juice; pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 13 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 173 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 533 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon